11 Hacks Scientifically Proven To Make You Feel Instantly Happy. Living in modern city with hectic lifestyle, that nearly make us impossible to find the time to sit down and contemplate permanent ways to be happier. Yet, we’re still in lucky, because there are lots of little tricks out there that immediately plant a bit of happiness — and there is scientific research to prove how these little tricks can actually work for you.
Let’s check those few hacks out:
- Hangout with someone who smiles a lot! As study in Framingham, MA discovered that happy people are contagious. Anyone who hangs around them gets an instant spike in joy — in fact, your happiness level will raise 15.3% in a small amount of time.
- Woman! Put on red lip sticks! In 2011, researchers from Harvard University and Boston University found that makeup-wearing women felt more confident, and other people perceived them to be more competent and reliable than their bare-lipped counterparts.Also, a 2013 French study found that red lips were associated with higher levels of estrogen and overall positive perception of the face. All those positive vibes are likely to boost your mood — but only if you enjoy wearing red lipstick in the first place, of course! Otherwise, just discount this one and keep rocking those bare lips.
- Smell some citrus fruits! The journal Chemical Senses released a study showing that having a fruit like a clementine around can immediately boost your mood. When aromatherapy is done with patients, just the scent of citrus curbs stress and anxiety, and aids with digestion.
- Voice your concerns! Very different from complains. Voice your concern means avoid bottling up the things that are upsetting you. For example, if your partner has bailed on plans that you’ve been looking forward to, don’t get passive aggressive; speak up in a calm, but firm way. The Journal of Social Psychology published a study showing that people who resolve relationship issues right away pave the way for long-lasting happiness. You’ll feel relieved that the problem is being handled ASAP, and it won’t ruin the rest of your day.
- Grab a healthy snacks, especially Mixed Nuts! Researchers at University of Barcelona say that a handful of nuts a day increases the levels of neurotransmitter serotonin in the brain. This means you’ll be in a better mood and your hunger will be curbed, preventing you from snacking on sugary things that will give you a depressing crash later. Stick to the good stuff like raw almonds and cashews rather than the roasted varieties that are often made with unhealthy vegetable oils and lots of salt.
Find out more at Bustle.