Food is the BEST Medicine: 52 Clove CrockPot Garlic Soup
Could this crockpot garlic soup be the key to help beating winter illness? Try it NOW.
- 26 garlic cloves (unpeeled)
- 2 tablespoons genuine olive oil
- 2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) organic butter (grass fed)
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne powder
- 1 heaping teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 cup fresh ginger
- 2 1/4 cups sliced onions
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 26 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/2 cup raw, organic pastured milk or coconut milk (homemade is best) or your favorite substitute
- 3 1/2 cups organic vegetable broth
- 4 lemon wedges
- Preheat oven to 350F. Place 26 garlic cloves in small glass baking dish. Add 2 tablespoons genuine olive oil, sprinkle with real sea salt and toss to coat. Cover baking dish tightly with foil and bake until garlic is golden brown and tender, about 45 minutes. After cooling, squeeze garlic between fingertips to release cloves. Transfer cloves to small bowl.
Melt organic, pastured butter in heavy large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onions, thyme, ginger, turmeric, cayenne powder and cook until onions are translucent, about 6 minutes or so.
- Smash 12 of the 26 peeled garlic cloves and set aside.
- Now immediately add the 14 remaining peeled, smashed garlic cloves to the roasted garlic and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Next add vegetable broth; cover and simmer until garlic is very tender, about 20 minutes. Working in batches, puree soup in blender until smooth. Return soup to saucepan; add almond milk or substitute and bring to simmer.
- Lastly, add the 12 smashed peeled garlic cloves ( that were set aside) to the pureed soup and stir. Don’t forget to season with a good quality sea salt and lots of fresh ground pepper.
- Finish with a squeeze of the juice from 1 lemon wedge into each bowl and serve hot.
- Garnish each serving of soup with chopped, fresh cilantro (preferably organic).
Note: This soup recipe incorporates all the above recommended methods of maximizing garlic’s health benefits, and it’s delicious!
Found on RealFarmacy.com
Recipe Source: Adapted from preventdisease.com.