Photo Credit: Dr Josh Axe
How To Use Almond Oil For Your Skin?
Do you suffer from dry, flaky skin due to long hours flight? Lucky for you! Almond oil is a wonderful home remedy for this common skin problem! It is also a natural remedy for eczema and psoriasis. Both of these conditions are caused by multiple factors, including stress, jet lag, close cabin, sleep cycle disturbances, poor digestion, dehydration, poor diet, or hormone imbalance.
No worries. Almond oil can help you to relieve your skin inflammation, itchiness and redness of dry skin condition, psoriasis or eczema. Almond originated in southwest Asia and the Middle East, as far as the Indus River in Pakistan. It is uses in treating dry skin conditions were taught as part of ancient Chinese, Ayurvedic and Greco-Persian schools of medicine.
100g of almond oil contains 60 IUs of Vitamin E, which is 200% of the daily recommended amount. Other than a small amount of vitamin K, other vitamins and minerals are found in only negligible amounts in almond oil. Generally, its benefits are found in incredibly dense amounts of unsaturated fat.
One of the most well-known benefits of almond oil is its ability to keep your skin and hair looking great! It is a mild, hypoallergenic oil, it is safe for SENSITIVE SKIN, including baby skin. Probably due to large part of its antioxidative properties, almond oil is known for:
- Protecting skin against UV radiation damage, by slowing down the effects of UV damage after it happened
- Keeping skin soft and supple, due to it’s vitamin E content
- Prevent future acne, by gently dislodging debris from deep within skin pores and follicles. It contains vitamin A too
- Dark Circles under your eyes don’t stand a chance! And you can expect to see a brighter, less puffy eyes the next morning!
- Delays signs of aging as it renews the cells of your facial skin
Best way to use Almond Oil:
- Applying Pure Almond Oil on Face
Step1: Apply a couple drops of Pure Almond Oil right after you wash your face, each side of your clean face, morning and night.
Step2: Wet your clean hands with warm water (absorption best) and message the oil all over your face.
Step3: Allow almond oil to settle. Apply your make up as you wish.
- Almond Oil In Skin Care Home Remedies as Face Mask/ Scrub (Safe for Sensitive Skin too)
Apply to face and wash off with luke warm water after 20-30mins. Best use in the morning.
Prepare a face scrub by adding a tablespoon of almond oil to a mixture of fine salt, sandalwood or/and turmeric powder. Gently scrub on your face in circular motion. Wash the mixture off with soap and warm water, and splash your face with rose water or spring water if you wanted to.
- Apply Almond Oil on Your Body
It’s also a great idea to combine it with a few ESSENTIAL OILS (eg Rose Oils or Lavender Oils) and apply on your body for triple power to keep your skin looking healthy as well.
- Other Skin and Beauty Ideas
- You may use it as your natural make up remover
- Treat chapped lips
- Reduce undesired layers of tan
- Apply a few warm drops beneath your bottom eyelid before bed
- Work it through your hair as a substitute for a leave-in conditioner
What if you continuously apply almond oil every single day?
You will look younger, you will own smoother, healthily glowing skin, and your eyes will look brighter and your face will be less puffy!
Have a beautiful skin day!
Remember, Your Skin Needs Energy Too! And Almond Oil can help you revive your dry skin condition! – KayChong