In earlier blog post, I mentioned about starting your day with purify structured water as part of your reviving your energy strategy. Now, let’s dive into what kind of saturated fats to consume and how to eat it the right way and not allowing your body to have that energy spike during the day, since the key for that sustainable and constant energy level during the day is to keep your blood sugar at a stable level. With the approach suggested below, you’re setting yourself up for a good second half of the workday.
1. Have good quality close to nature saturated fats food and AVOID bad saturated fats.
Why avoid bad fats? Bad fats, deep fried foods are kind of gummy, plasticine products are made with hydrogenated vegetable oils, which are forged at searing heats of over 225ºC, then bubbled through with hydrogen and hardened with nickel. When natural fats are replaced in the diet with these artificially synthesized fats, the body incorporates them into the construction of new cells, which become defective and malfunction as a result.
Since the cells of the brain and immune system require the most fat, these are the tissue which suffer the most damage from regular consumption of hydrogenated vegetable oil products. The cells become sluggish in function, and are wide open to all sorts of derangements of the immune system.
The quickest way to paralyze your immune system? Eat whatever you want without reading the labels, eat these hydrogenated artificial man-made foods on a daily basis, consume significant quantities of deep-fried foods, or fats such as margarine… and say hello to a variety of cancers and immune system break down by catching a cold and flu.
What if you avoiding eating them? Well, by avoiding all these foods that taste good but are not real food, you can literally reprogram your genes back to the evolutionary-based factory setting you had at birth, that is, a truly efficient fat-burning organism and continue to do so for the rest of your life as long as you send the right signals and food to your genes and be a strong and healthily fit person.
2. Eat GRASS-FED BUTTER, one of the healthiest fats on the planet.
Butter is also an essentially pure animal fat with only minor traces of dairy proteins and sugars remaining, and real dairy butter is the only part of cow’s milk that the human body can properly digest, is actually a rich source of metabolic energy, hence, for these reasons I consider it a worthwhile staple.
Remember to choose butter that comes from cows that are healthy and allowed to graze in green pastures, such as the grass-fed cow butter. Why? This stuff not only tastes like heaven and goes well with nearly everything, it also contains:
- Much higher Omega-3 fatty acids nutrients that are incredibly important for the heart (69% lower risk of death from cardiovascular disease) and to protect us from having dementia. Butter is a milk fat with an omega6:omega3 ratio of 1, a more healthy balanced ratio. than grain-fed cow.
- Great source of a short-chain fatty acid called butyrate (the name butyr-ate is actually derived from but-ter, which indicates the best source of butyrate in the diet, by far), which helps to fight against inflammation in the body.
- Contain Conjugated Linoleic Acid (CLA), it is actually a trans-fat, a good one, a naturally occurring one that being produce internally by the special digestive systems of grass-fed cow. Pasture feeding CLA levels are 3-5 times that of grain-fed cattle. CLA is a good trans fat that is superior to heart health, suppress tumours, strengthen your immune system, stimulate muscle growth, inhibit body fat formation and hence reduced belly fat.
- Appeared to be more yellowish, meaning that it has more carotene and vitamin A! And the real vitamin A is available only in animal fats.
- It also contains vitamin K2, another vital component in grass-fed butter, which is important to reduce, prevent, or even counteract arterial plaque, it helps the body use calcium correctly and effectively by helping to keep calcium out of your arteries and hence prevent your arteries from hardening and narrowing.
Eat butter together with other nutrient dense food such as your salads and animal proteins.
Why? Because without fats in your meals, you often won’t be able to absorb all the nutrients that are present in other foods like leafy greens, antioxidants, other fat soluble vitamins, since many of them have to grab onto fat in order to be fully absorbed from the gastrointestinal tract into the blood, where they can go to work, that is, fats improve the bioavailability of the fat-soluble vitamins (A, D, E, K, K2) in your food that you are cooking.
And these antioxidants that good fats help you to take in from your salad plate can help fighting against cancer cells and prevent your good transporter LDL form being oxidized and causes diseases such as coronary heart diseases, peripheral vascular diseases, dementia, etc that suck out your energy to fight against it and cause you fatigue.
The side effects of having more antioxidants in your body? You will look young, feel young, feel great, and even own a great skin! Hence, this food will not only bring you more energy, it will also makes you feel great and look great too!
3. Eat breakfast OR dinner, but NOT both… to burn off your own body’s saturated fats as part of your energy source.
In order to have more clean brain energy, you need to RETRAIN your body to burn fat for fuel. Here is the thing, when you consistently eat every few hours and never miss a meal, your body becomes very inefficient at burning fat as a fuel, and this is where the trouble starts. How to retrain? Use Intermittent Fasting (IF) Diet Plan or “scheduled eating”! In fact, TWO meals a day are ideal for you. Besides, you cannot burn your body fat if you have other fuel available, especially carbs/ sugar. If you’re supplying your body with carbohydrates every few hours, your body has no need to dive into your fat stores. When you applying intermittent fasting technique, you not only avoid this but also will typically decrease your food costs and increase your health.
If you have a physically taxing job, you are likely better off eating a solid breakfast and lunch, and then skipping dinner. The key to remember is to only eat within a window of 6 to 8 consecutive hours each day, and avoiding food for at least 3 hours before bedtime. As long as you restrict your eating to this window, you can choose between having breakfast and lunch, or lunch and dinner, but avoid having both breakfast and dinner.
Intermittent Fasting is NOT calorie restriction diet.
5 Key Benefits Why Intermittent Fasting Eating Method Good For You
One of the primary mechanisms that makes intermittent fasting so beneficial for health is related to:
- Impact on your insulin sensitivity and helps prevent chronic disease—from heart disease to cancer. Mounting research confirms that when your body becomes accustomed to burning FAT instead of sugar as its primary fuel, you rather dramatically reduce your risk of chronic disease. Becoming fat adapted may even be a key strategy for both cancer prevention and treatment, as cancer cells cannot utilize fat for fuel—they need sugar to thrive.
- Intermittent fasting also helps to optimize your lifespan.
- Help optimize your mitochondrial function along with mitochondrial energy efficiency, thereby retarding aging and disease and prevent cellular damage from occurring.
- Reducing oxidative stress – Fasting decreases the accumulation of oxidative radicals in the cell, and thereby prevents oxidative damage to cellular proteins, lipids, and nucleic acids associated with aging and disease.
- Increasing body capacity to resist stress, disease and aging – Fasting induces a cellular stress response (similar to that induced by exercise) in which cells up-regulate the expression of genes that increase the capacity to cope with stress and resist disease and aging.
p/s: None of this probably applies to normal weight teens or growing children.
How Saturated Fats Can Affect Your Life
What will happen if you add in 1-2 tbsp of grass-fed butter into your every meal and practice to have IF for one week? One month? And so on?
The side effects of doing both are that you will feel good and look slimmer, muscle leaner and toner. Why? Because saturated fat promotes efficient fat metabolism, weight control and provide stable energy levels, since:
- Fat is digested more slowly than carbohydrates and proteins, and hence you will feel more fuller and satiating when paired with low-carb eating. And it is difficult to overeat. But you don’t need to be that extreme till you obsolete the carbs or eat less than 50g per day in your daily meal plans and make yourself fall into ketogenesis because your body still need carbs to function properly. You’ll still need some glucose as the brain can’t run purely on ketone bodies, but you won’t need nearly as much. If you would like to just maintain your ideal body composition, eat no more than a good average level of 150g of carbs per day. If you want to burn more fats and have weight loss, eat no more than 100g of carbs per day according to the Primal Blueprint Carbohydrate Curve. (p/s: your brain just need roughly 120g/day of glucose per day)
- Fat help increase lean mass, and of course allows you to access that body fat for brain energy and you will no longer suffer from brain fog just because your afternoon meeting or work went a little too long and you missed the lunch, since you have already train your brain to reduce it’s glucose requirements and you will experience a more steadier, even energy in mind and body.
- Fat turns off the appetite hormone ghrelin, so that you will have a normal and healthy drop in hunger and cravings!
Thus, in order for you to feel full and nourished is to eat enough saturated fat, so that you never had the feelings to binge on unhealthy snacks or sweet snacks just because you are hungry or having the energy crash in the late afternoon.
LOOKING FOR MORE?
If you want more anti-inflammatory, sustainable energy-generating foods topics like this one, or you want to get on track to a healthier eating lifestyle to take any confusion out of the equation, follow my blog!
Remember, Your Energy Matters! –KayChong
About: Kay Chong is currently an energy-based food, constant jet-lag recovering & healing food researcher,blogger, healthy eating lifestyle strategist, and a community pharmacist. Kay shares healthy, healing & recovering food recipes, energy boosting food recipes for flight attendants who travel frequently across different time zones and combating with constant jet lag health issues every day. Every recipes that Kay choose, she will make sure that all the ingredients in each and every recipes that are being shared here is the best, healthiest, toxin-free and contain the most healing energy in it. Why? Because Kay believes that the REAL FOOD INGREDIENTS are the most powerful DRUG that can CURE and PREVENT ANY CHRONIC DISEASES on earth!
Disclaimer: The techniques, strategies, and suggestions expressed here are intended to be used for educational purposes only.The author, Kay Chong is not rendering medical advice, nor to diagnose, prescribe, or treat any disease, condition, illness, or injury. It is imperative that before beginning any nutrition program you receive full medical clearance from a licensed physician. Kay Chong claim no responsibility to any person or entity for any liability, loss, or damage caused or alleged to be caused directly or indirectly as a result of the use, application, or interpretation of the material presented here.
- The Tao Of Detox. The natural way to purify your body for health and longevity. By Daniel Reid.