“Fruit roll up is one of those foods that — once you realize how incredibly easy it is to make yourself. Besides the fact that these taste absolutely amazing, you control exactly what goes in there. No artificial colors or flavors or preservatives! You can follow this same recipe for pretty much any fruit.” by complete-health-and-happiness.
Why we should never use corn syrup in this recipe?
Corn syrup is more toxic than refined sugar, researchers conclude. Study showing there is a difference between high-fructose corn syrup and table sugar at human-relevant doses. Below are studies that show us what health effects that high fructose will bring to us…
“The study showed that female mice fed a diet which contained 25% of calories from added fructose and glucose carbohydrates known as monosaccharides that are found in corn syrup died at a rate 1.87 times higher than female mice on a diet in which 25% of calories came from sucrose.
The mice on the fructose-glucose diet produced 26.4% fewer offspring than their counterparts on the diet containing added table sugar…
The study suggests humans, especially women, could face adverse health effects tied to consuming too much corn syrup, which is found in many processed food products…“
In related news, researchers claim that testing blood sugar levels of patients suffering heart failure can help identify those at greatest risk of death. As heart failure patients with high blood sugar have higher risk of early death.
Hence, to avoid chronic disease, be mindful of your fructose consumption!
Homemade Berries Fruit Roll Ups
Curated Content from complete-health-and-happiness.
Serving: 4-5 roll ups
Total Time: 3-6 hours
- 3 Cups of Strawberries (or any fruits)
- 1 tbsp Raw Honey
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper .
- Prepare Strawberries (cut stems). Puree your fruit in food processor until smooth consistency.
- Add raw honey and sweeten to taste.
- Pour mixture on to prepared cookie sheet about 1/8″ thick. Bake for 3-6 hours. Wait until your center is no longer tacky.
- Lift plastic wrap out of cookie sheet and place on the counter top to cool. Flip over onto parchment paper. Cut into strips and roll.
Remember, Your Energy Matters! –KayChong
- Dr. Mercola Site’s Article
- Journal of Nutrition March 1, 2015 [Epub ahead of print]
- University of Utah Press Release January 5, 2015
- Reuters January 5, 2015
- Medline Plus January 7, 2015
- Philly.com January 7, 2015
- Business Insider July 25, 2012
- Sugarscience.org, 61 Names for Sugar
About: Kay Chong is currently an energy-based food, constant jet-lag recovering & healing food researcher,blogger, healthy eating lifestyle strategist, and a community pharmacist. Kay shares healthy, healing & recovering food recipes, energy boosting food recipes for flight attendants who travel frequently across different time zones and combating with constant jet lag health issues every day. Every recipes that Kay choose, she will make sure that all the ingredients in each and every recipes that are being shared here is the best, healthiest, toxin-free and contain the most healing energy in it. Why? Because Kay believes that the REAL FOOD INGREDIENTS are the most powerful DRUG that can CURE and PREVENT ANY CHRONIC DISEASES on earth!