5 Smart Strategies To Eat Meat Healthily
When it comes to eating meat, nasty chemicals are created such as Heterocyclic Amines (HCAs) and Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons (PAHs that linked to cancer causing), Advanced Glycation End Products (AGEs that build up in your body over time leading to oxidative stress, inflammation and an increase risk of heart diseases, diabetes, and kidney diseases) will formed when foods – particularly meat – are being cooked at high heat (grilling, frying, broiling, etc), can be significantly reduce or avoid the formation of all of these HAs, PAHs, and AGEs by:
- When grilling, cook your food with indirect heat, such as on a rack rather than directly on the coals. Cooking on a cedar plank is also helpful. And also cook meat partially before putting it on the grill, or cook smaller pieces of meat, which take less time to grill later, and therefore give HCAs less time to form. Always avoid charring your meat and don’t eat the black or brown parts. And flip your meat/ real meat burger often, as this will help cut down on HCAs. You can also add blueberries or cherries to your meat or real meat burgers, as they can also help prevent the formation of HCAs.
- Using an acidic marinade method such as lemon juice or vinegar, which has the added bonus of tasting great too! Marinating meat for one hour reduced AGEs formation by over half, and marinating meats before grilling or broiling them can cut HCAs formation in meat by up to 90%. However, only use natural ingredients for marinades, and keep the coating thin to avoid charring.
- The other method is to cook meat with an antioxidant-rich spice mix could reduce compounds that have been linked to heart disease and cancer too. There is one study shows that participants who consume burgers seasoned with spice blend, the amount of malondialdehyde (MDA) (a substance that cause lipid oxidation and sticky) was reduce in the urine by 49% and blood of the participants by 71%. This benefits likely comes from spices’ potent antioxidant content. You could use one of the researchers blend that been used in their study: cloves, cinnamon, oregano, rosemary, ginger, black pepper, paprika, and garlic powder as dry rub or mix them up into a healthy marinade.
- Other anti-oxidant-rich marinades, including Indian curries or Thai curries. They normally contain superfood like turmeric, black pepper, coriander, cumin, ginger, garlic, and etc. Curry employs liberal amounts of each. They taste better than either spice alone. Besides, when use alone, each ingredient has powerful health benefits. Yet, good combination of each ingredients together or with another will even further magnified their health benefits and for better absorption.
- Follow wise food pairings. Some foods and flavors are just made for one another. Bacon and eggs. Strawberries and cream. Basil and tomato. Oil and vinegar. Sweet and sour. The list goes on and on. Food pairings not only protect you from carcinogenic agents form while cooking and it’s a healthier way to eat food, healthy pairings just naturally taste better. Maybe because we’ve evolved an innate draw towards these powerful combinations. Nevertheless, some foods, when taken together, make surprising nutrition sense.
Quick Guide: Top 3 Food Pairings
Drinking red wine with your meat can inhibit the activity of cooking carcinogens in your stomach. It’s probably far better to avoid forming carcinogens at all, but red wine is a nice insurance plan if you can’t avoid them. Plus, it’s delicious.
(ii) Steak + Green Vegetables
Another must-have addition to a steak dinner is something green. Spinach, broccoli, kale, asparagus—as long as it’s green and comes from ground, namely the salad greens and the sulfur-rich cruciferous vegetables. This combination is another way to inhibit the activity of charred meat-borne carcinogens in the stomach and help reduce the damage wrought by HCAs formed during cooking meat.
Next, add salad dressing (the healthy version one), especially those with healthy fats in it, helps improves nutrient absorption from raw vegetables. It could be:
· a piece of fatty meat
· a handful of nuts scattered on the salad leaves
· olive oil and vinegar dressing
· drizzles with melted butter
· bacon fat
· 2 whole pasture eggs
What is broth-based sauces? It is a reduction cooking method from bone broth to a syrup then add in fat to thicken and enrich it. And you can even transform it into yummy gravy, where you can scrape up the browned bits form the bottom of the pan, add previous broth, reduce again, and finish with a safe starch (potato starch mixed in water) to thicken it. You can simply braising with a gelatinous cut of meat to produce the thick sauce by the end. To enhance the meal, add in an acid like citrus juice, wine, or vinegar. Bone broth-based sauces are probably the easiest and most delicious avenues for glycine consumption. (MDA) Not only making own sauces, if you still not feeling good at grilling your meat with anti-oxidant-rich spices, you can of course make your own bone broth at home instead of grilling them till charred. A more healthier and safer way to eat meat.
All three example above turns out don’t just taste good. They actually make meat healthier to eat. Conclusion? Saying of reasons why eating meat is linked to heart disease and cancer often has little to do with the meat itself, and everything has to do with how it’s cooked and prepared as the way you cook your food can make it toxic to your body and drain your energy level.
Saying of reasons why eating meat is linked to heart disease and cancer often has little to do with the meat itself, and everything has to do with how it’s cooked and prepared as the way you cook your food can make it toxic to your body and drain your energy level.
The Major Side Effects Of Having Meat Long Termly
Now that we have debunk the myths of eating animal meat. Now that we know how to eat the right way so that we can optimize the food’s health benefits. So, next we should be asking ourselves that, what if I made conscious choices to implement what I learn from here? How would l feel and be like after 1 week? 1 month? 1 year? And so forth?
Not only you will feel great, you will look great too, you will gaining more lean muscles, look young, and lose that unwanted body fats effortlessly every single day! As meat protein curbs your hunger and needs for carbs, hence, you are naturally tap into the ultra-simple anti-inflammatory low carb diet, i.e. low in refined carbs, sugars, and processed food and start healing your body and restore your damaged body cells and energy cells (mitochondria) by previous sugary foods AGE-ing process.
Besides, you will be no doubt to have better, stable mood all time time! In other words, amino acids from animal protein can help you improve your brain chemistry, depression and anxiety problems.
LOOKING FOR MORE?
If you want more anti-inflammatory, sustainable energy-generating foods topic knowledge like this one, or you want to get on track to a healthier eating lifestyle to take any confusion out of the equation, follow my blog!
Remember, Your Energy Matters! –KayChong
About: Kay Chong is currently an energy-based food, constant jet-lag recovering & healing food researcher,blogger, healthy eating lifestyle strategist, and a community pharmacist. Kay shares healthy, healing & recovering food recipes, energy boosting food recipes for flight attendants who travel frequently across different time zones and combating with constant jet lag health issues every day. Every recipes that Kay choose, she will make sure that all the ingredients in each and every recipes that are being shared here is the best, healthiest, toxin-free and contain the most healing energy in it. Why? Because Kay believes that the REAL FOOD INGREDIENTS are the most powerful DRUG that can CURE and PREVENT ANY CHRONIC DISEASES on earth!
Disclaimer: The techniques, strategies, and suggestions expressed here are intended to be used for educational purposes only.The author, Kay Chong is not rendering medical advice, nor to diagnose, prescribe, or treat any disease, condition, illness, or injury. It is imperative that before beginning any nutrition program you receive full medical clearance from a licensed physician. Kay Chong claim no responsibility to any person or entity for any liability, loss, or damage caused or alleged to be caused directly or indirectly as a result of the use, application, or interpretation of the material presented here.
- Young For Life. The easy no-diet, no-sweat plan to look and feel 10 years younger. By Marilyn Diamond & Dr. Donald “Rock” Schnell.