Do you really need “cheat meal” during your fitness journey or fat loss journey? Doubt it! Here is why…
“I don’t like to use the term “cheat meal.” It just sounds like an invitation for sabotage. I like the idea of a “free meal,” though. It’s a more empowering concept. And in reality, the occasional indulgence can actually be metabolically beneficial by bumping up leptin levels to help you break through a fat loss plateau! Cycling calories and carbs can be a powerful tool for stimulating your metabolism. But more importantly, giving yourself permission to enjoy a treat now and then can help you cultivate a healthy relationship with food.
So, what is “free meal”? Pick a day. Pick a treat. And eat it freely! You’ve earned every bite. Life just wouldn’t be the same without decadent treats like chocolate cheesecake. And when you make yours with real food, Wild Diet friendly ingredients, you really can have your cake and eat it, too.
You deserve the best-tasting, highest-quality food out there. Don’t waste your “free meal” on processed junk. Low-quality food from boxes and fast food chains does number on your gut, gives you brain fog, inflames your joints and body, and sacrifices your long-term health.” according to Abel James, the FatBurningMan.
Giving yourself permission to enjoy a treat now can help you cultivate a healthy relationship with food! – Click To Tweet, Sharing is Caring.
The Ultimate Chocolate Cheesecake
Author: fatburningman.comTotal time: 1 hour 40 minsServing: 16Ingredients:Crust
- ½ cup organic coconut flour
- ½ cup blanched almond flour
- 3 tablespoons flaxseed meal
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 3 tablespoons organic coconut oil
- ½ cup unsweetened, full-fat coconut milk (organic)
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrupFilling
- 1 cup grass-fed sour cream or plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup grass-fed heavy cream
- 4 (8-ounce) packages organic cream cheese
- ½ tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups organic coconut palm sugar
- 4 pasture-raised eggsToppings
- 1 tablespoon grass-fed butter
- ¼ cup dark chocolate chipsHow-to:
- Preheat oven to o 350°F and grease a 9-inch springform pan with coconut oil.
- In a bowl, whisk together ½ cup coconut flour, almond flour, flaxseed meal, and salt.
- Add melted coconut oil, coconut milk, and maple syrup. Mix until well combined.
- Press crust dough in one even layer on the bottom of the springform pan.
- In the blender, add sour sour cream, heavy cream, 2 packages cream cheese, vanilla extract, and coconut palm sugar. Blend smooth.
- If there’s room, add the last 2 packages of cream cheese. Otherwise, pour half of the cheesecake filling into a bowl and reserve the rest in the blender to blend with the last 2 cream cheese packages. Blend smooth.
- Add eggs to the blend one at a time, blending on low until just incorporated between each egg. Be careful not to over mix the eggs.
- If you poured half the batter in a bowl, combine all of it and stir until well combined.
- Pour cheesecake batter over crust into springform pan.
- Put a pan filled with water on the lowest shelf in the oven — this will help prevent cracking by releasing moisture in the oven.
- Bake cheesecake on the middle shelf of your oven for about 1 hour and 20 minutes, until firm. No peeking till the end! The cheesecake is done when the outside is firm and the middle slightly jiggles like custard.
- Turn off the oven, but leave cheesecake in there for about an hour with the door cracked open.
- Once cooled, refrigerate overnight.
- In a small saucepan, melt 1 tablespoon butter over low heat. Once melted, remove from heat and add chocolate chips. Stir until melted. Drizzle chocolate over the top of the cheese cake.
7 Powerful Tips To Help You To Indulge In Yummy Food The Right Way:
- Indulge on a day off. Having free time away from work gives you more control over when and where you eat, you’ll be having fun (not stress-eating), and you can also more easily monitor the results.
- Make a reservation at your favourite restaurant so you can look forward to your indulgence.
- Keep a “food craving” diary—just a little book or note on your phone or computer where you jot down the things you crave throughout the week. That way you can choose carefully when it’s time for your free meal.
- Drink at least 8 8-ounce glasses of water throughout the day so you can easily flush excess salt and carbohydrates.
- Never eat your free meal alone—sharing a meal or dessert will help you enjoy it, fostering that healthy relationship to food.
- Throw away or give away all the leftovers so they don’t taunt you from the fridge tomorrow!
- And last but not least, if you want cake, get it from a local artisan bakery, not from Little Debbie. If you want pizza, don’t pick up a Hot-n-Ready, get it from your local family-owned pizzeria that use fresh ingredients and actually takes pride in their pies.If you’re craving cheesecake, don’t grab one out of the grocer’s freezer! Instead, enjoy a small slice of this cheesecake made with real food and free of added chemicals like this one above! 🙂 It is so yummy and tasty!
by Abel James.
Remember, Your Energy Matters! –KayChong
About: Kay Chong is currently an energy-based food, constant jet-lag recovering & healing food researcher,blogger, healthy eating lifestyle strategist, and a community pharmacist. Kay shares healthy, healing & recovering food recipes, energy boosting food recipes for flight attendants who travel frequently across different time zones and combating with constant jet lag health issues every day. Every recipes that Kay choose, she will make sure that all the ingredients in each and every recipes that are being shared here is the best, healthiest, toxin-free and contain the most healing energy in it. Why? Because Kay believes that the REAL FOOD INGREDIENTS are the most powerful DRUG that can CURE and PREVENT ANY CHRONIC DISEASES on earth!