What is golden milk? It’s not actually milk at all, at least not in the #dairy sense. The basis of #goldenmilk is a combination of the warming (and golden-colored) turmeric spice along with coconut milk and/or coconut oil (good saturated fats that everyone needs).
Researchers have found a number of different mechanisms of action for curcumin (active ingredient of turmeric), as to why curcumin appears to be such potent medicine is because it can:
- Modulate about 700 of your genes
- Positively modulate more than 160 different physiological pathways
- Make your cells’ membranes more orderly
- Affect signaling molecules such as the inflammatory molecules
Hence, golden milk is a beverage worth trying. So, how-to make it?
- 1 teaspoon Golden Paste
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla (optional)
- Raw honey [or stevia] to taste (optional)
- Pinch cinnamon (optional)
- In a stainless steel pot, gently heat, but do not boil, 2 cups of milk with 1 teaspoon of golden paste.
- A whisk is helpful to fully mix the paste into the milk.
- Add optional vanilla, honey [or stevia], and/or cinnamon.
So, what if you sip on golden milk every day?
Ever-expanding clinical body of studies shows that curcumin may help:
- Support healthy cholesterol levels
- Prevent low-density lipoprotein (LDL) oxidation (= reducing the so-called bad cholesterol)
- Inhibit platelet aggregation
- Suppress thrombosis and myocardial infarction
- Suppress symptoms associated with type 2 diabetes
- Suppress symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis
- Suppress symptoms of multiple sclerosis
- Suppress symptoms of Alzheimer’s disease
- Inhibit HIV replication
- Suppress tumor formation
- Enhance wound healing
- Protect against liver damage
- Increase bile secretion
- Protect against cataracts
- Protect against pulmonary toxicity and fibrosis
- and lots more!
More studies on articles.mercola.com.