Meat Lovers Pizza
Photo Credit: AgainstAllGrain.com
No cereal? No granola? No pasta? No bread? No pizza? How do you expect a person to do that?
And YES it is possible to have a grain free life. Made yourself a gluten-free, grain-free crust pizza, like this one! In this blog post, I am sharing with you Danielle Walker‘s Meat Lovers Pizza Recipe. So yummy that you won’t even crave for the traditional pizza! In this recipe, Danielle choose to use three different flours for this crust to give it the complexity that regular crusts have, and to avoid the sweet flavour that most almond or coconut crusts have. You can top this crust with whatever your heart desires!
“You may think it’s overkill or not worth the time, but I assure you it is. Have you ever seen a gluten-free bread or crust recipe that uses only rice flour? Or is made just from potato starch? Probably not. And that is because without the use of an all purpose flour, it’s best to combine different flours so they can all lend their various benefits to the finished product. They each have their own properties and work cohesively; coconut – helps to prevent soggy bread and makes the crust sturdy, almond- lends some healthy fat and a bit of sweetness, and cashews- makes the crust a little lighter and fluffier and balances out the flavor,” blogged Danielle Walker.
Meat Lovers Pizza
Danielle Walker – AgainstAllGrain.com
- ¾ cup whole raw cashews (or 1 cup cashew flour)
- 3 tablespoons almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- dash teaspoon garlic granules
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons almond milk
- ½ teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2½ tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil
- ½ cup marinara sauce
- ¾ cup USWM Raw Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
- ¼ USWM Salami, casing removed and thinly sliced
- 1 USWM Italian Sausage, casing removed and pre-cooked
- 2 pieces USWM Sugar-free Bacon, cooked and chopped
- ¼ cup mushrooms
- ¼ cup black olives, pitted and sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a food processor, pulse the cashews until a fine flour has formed.
- Add in the almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, salt, and garlic granules, then process the mixture for 30 seconds.
- Add the eggs, almond milk, apple cider vinegar, olive oil, and water and process for another 30 seconds. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and pulse a few more times until you have a very smooth dough.
- Add the parsley and basil, and pulse two more times to roughly chop and incorporate the herbs.
- Let the dough rest for 2 minutes to let the coconut flour absorb some of the liquid. *It is a fairly wet dough, so don’t be alarmed that it doesn’t come together into a dense ball like most doughs.
- Sprinkle a piece of parchment paper with a little almond flour, then turn the dough out onto the counter. Sprinkle a little more flour on the top of the ball of dough, then place another piece of parchment on top.
- Use your hands to flatten the ball into a disc, then lightly roll out the dough into a circle that is 1/4 inch thick.
- Remove the top piece of parchment and carefully by gently tugging from one corner. Slide the other piece with the crust onto a pizza pan. *If you can’t remove the parchment without taking half of the dough with it, just bake the crust with the top piece intact. You can remove it once the crust has baked and before you add the toppings.
- Bake the crust for 12 minutes, or until it has puffed up and is golden brown around the edges.
- Top with marinara sauce, cheese, salami, sausage, bacon, mushrooms and olives and bake for another 10-15 minutes.
Remember, Your Energy Matters. So, eat well. – KayChong