Food Babe’s Candied Ginger
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 50 mins
- 3 cups water
- 3 cups coconut sugar + ¼ cup for coating
- 2 cups peeled and sliced ginger
- Place the sliced ginger in a pot, add enough water to cover the ginger and bring to a boil. Turn the heat down and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Drain the water or save the water for super concentrated ginger tea.
In the same pot with the ginger add 3 cups of water, the sugar and mix to combine. Bring to a boil. Turn the heat down to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon, scoop out the ginger and place on a wire rack to cool.
- Roll the ginger in the remaining sugar until coated. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
Notes: Please choose all organic ingredients if possible.
Remember, Your Energy Matters. –KayChong